Monday, January 06, 2014

From the New Book I'm Working On


Katie glared at him for the longest time. “I don’t want to leave you. I don’t know why. It’s making me feel uncomfortable. I shouldn’t feel this close to a stranger.”

“Do I really feel like a stranger to you? You feel close to me for a reason, Katherine. You know you do.” 

Katie felt herself go weak. Her breathing was shallow. She felt a deep seeded yearning that she hadn’t felt before, not even with Brian. Michael was so enchanting.

“I don’t know. I don’t understand,” she said. She was ready to flee.

“You don’t have to understand.”

“You look at me like no one else ever has.”

“That’s because you are bewitching, my radiant angel.  You captivate me like no other. Your dark, brown hair and blue eyes are exquisite, and your figure is so alluring. You tantalize me. But it’s not just that. Our hearts are intertwined with each other’s. We are one. I am your future. I know you feel it.”

“What do you want from me? Why are you here?”

“To make you feel complete again. I can do that. I can make the emptiness you feel inside disappear forever,” he said still looking deep into her eyes, tempting her to be with him, to stay.

No comments: