Monday, January 06, 2014

Excerpt



“Why are you always there when I turn around?” Katie looked at him, feeling his pull, the connection. It felt so good, and yet, gave her the willies at the same time.

“I like you. I just want to help.” Michael looked at her, holding her attention.

“I like you, too.” She couldn’t help herself. It felt as though she were in a trans when she was with him. It was as if he controlled her feelings, her actions, her thinking.

She watched his chest, his slow breathing, and it was the same as hers. Then he took her hand and placed it on his chest, and her other hand on her chest. Even their heartbeat was the same.

“How are you doing that?” Katie asked.

“We have a bond greater than most.”

“But I don't even know you yet,” she said backing away from him.
“But I know you.”

“Only for a few days. Her voice was soft, barely more than a whisper. She wanted to laugh and cry and run and stay all at the same time.

“I’ve known you longer.” He was so sure of himself.

“I don't understand. Were you watching me?”

“It’s difficult to take my eyes off you, baby. You are beautiful and sweet and fun and hardworking.” She stared at him, trying to figure him out. He was so exciting. He was so frightening.

“I thought I felt your presence even when I couldn’t see you there the last few days. Were you?”

 “I’m with you always.” He just kept looking at her. It made it so she couldn’t move. She couldn’t turn away from him.

No comments: